24 Restore is a team of cleaning, restoration and remodeling specialists backed by an on-call support team of restoration experts. Our thorough and efficient staff guarantees satisfaction for both property owners and insurance companies. 24 Restore provides quality disaster cleaning and repair, including 24-hour emergency service in Greenville, NC.
This time of year is the peak season for home fires. That’s why it’s important that you practice precaution and safety this winter season. Here are some winter fire prevention tips:
- If you have a fireplace in your home, be sure to only use it when you are at home and awake. Use a screen to cover your fireplace’s opening and make sure that you have your fireplace professionally cleaned regularly.
- If you plan on using a space heater in your home, again only use it when you are at home and awake. Keep it at least 3 feet away from walls and furniture and don’t place any clothes, blankets, or papers anywhere near it.
- NEVER use your home’s oven or stovetop to try and heat your home.
- Another leading cause of home fires are candles. Be sure to only light candles when you are around to keep an eye on them. Keep them away from other objects and out of reach for little hands and pets.
- Electrical fires are another leading cause of home fires. With the holiday season, many people put up Christmas lights, and this is one of the causes of electrical fires. When putting up Christmas lights outdoors, be sure to use lights, cords, and plugs specifically made for outdoor use. Also, don’t use any cords or lights that have exposed wires.
We hope that your winter season is warm and bright. So, please be sure to practice fire safety in your home and everywhere you go!
For all of your fire & water restoration needs in Eastern NC, give us a call at 24 Restore in Greenville, NC.