After the cold and wet winter we’ve just had, you probably need fire & restoration services to help with any mold growth in Greenville NC. According to the CDC,

“In 2004 the Institute of Medicine (IOM) found there was sufficient evidence to link indoor exposure to mold with upper respiratory tract symptoms, cough, and wheeze in otherwise healthy people; with asthma symptoms in people with asthma; and with hypersensitivity pneumonitis in individuals susceptible to that immune-mediated condition. The IOM also found limited or suggestive evidence linking indoor mold exposure and respiratory illness in otherwise healthy children.”

That means, for your overall well being, a moldy residence or business needs to be treated as soon as possible. Though, there are a lot of questions that come up when you’re deciding whether you need to make that call. To help with that, here are some of the basics.

What is Mold?

Mold is a fungi that can be found inside and outside your residential or commercial property. It grows best in warm, damp, and humid conditions. It continues to grow because it spreads and reproduces by making spores.

What Does It Do?

In addition to its awful appearance on your walls, ceiling, or floor, it can cause your indoor air quality (IAQ) to drop tremendously. Because there are thousands of mold varieties, the moment you see it is the best time to call 24 Restore. We will remove mold and mildew and have your space looking as if it never molded at all. 

Why Get Rid Of It?

Why is mold a problem? Continued exposure to mold can cause stuffy noses, eye issues, wheezing, skin irritation, allergies, and more severe reactions. Mold can easily affect lungs when it is not properly taken care of, especially in businesses where water is commonly used.

Ready to Call?

With its getting warmer, you will want to make sure that you protect your home or office from mold by checking the walls in your kitchen and bathroom. Mold grows best in humid environments, so try to keep areas where there is more water cooler than other rooms. It can be found virtually anywhere inside or outside your home, so it’s important to stay aware and vigilant. If you spot it anywhere, contact us  or for any other fire & water restoration you need in Greenville, NC .

Share This

Share This

Share this post with your friends!