As Fire & Restoration experts in Greenville, NC, we deal with a lot of mold. That being said, if you don’t deal with it on a daily basis, figuring out what to do about it can be daunting. As the CDC reports,

“In 2004 the Institute of Medicine (IOM) found there was sufficient evidence to link indoor exposure to mold with upper respiratory tract symptoms, cough, and wheeze in otherwise healthy people; with asthma symptoms in people with asthma; and with hypersensitivity pneumonitis in individuals susceptible to that immune-mediated condition. “

That means that it’s definitely a good idea to take care of it by contacting specialists to help. Though, before you make the call, it’s a great idea to know what you’re dealing with. With that in mind, here’s our quick guide to mold.

What is Mold?

Mold is a fungi that can be found inside and outside your residential or commercial property. In addition to its awful appearance on your walls, ceiling, or floor, it can cause your indoor air quality (IAQ) to drop tremendously.There are thousands of kinds of molds, sothe moment you see it is the best time to call a company equipped to deal with it, like 24 Restore for fire and water restoration in Greenville, NC. We will remove mold and mildew and have your space looking as if it never molded at all. Indeed, many of our clients have informed us that we leave their homes and businesses looking better than they did before damage was caused.

Why is It a Problem?

Well, mold is not very fond of humans. Exposure to mold in a home or workplace can cause symptoms such as nasal stuffiness, eye irritation, wheezing, or skin irritation. Some people can even have more severe reactions like fever and shortness of breath. Some people with chronic lung illnesses, such as obstructive lung disease, may develop mold infections in their lungs.

That’s why it’s a great idea to get it evaluated and gotten rid of.

Ready to Get Started?

With its getting warmer, you will want to make sure that you protect your home or office from mold by checking the walls in your kitchen and bathroom. Mold grows best in humid environments, so try to keep areas where there is more water cooler than other rooms. Where can it be found? Well, virtually anywhere inside or outside your home. If you spot it anywhere, contact 24 Restore for fire and water restoration Greenville, NC mold service today.

We have the team and the tools to get your home or office looking spotless and new. If you’re ready to get the help from our dedicated fire and water restoration team, contact us today. 

Share This

Share This

Share this post with your friends!