24 Restore is a team of cleaning, restoration and remodeling specialists backed by an on-call support team of restoration experts. Our thorough and efficient staff guarantees satisfaction for both property owners and insurance companies. 24 Restore provides quality disaster cleaning and repair, including 24-hour emergency service in Greenville, NC.
If you live in Greenville, NC, you’re fully aware that hurricane season is upon us. Veteran North Carolina residents are no strangers to hurricanes, but that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t prepare for this severe weather.
When a hurricane hits, homes can get damaged or destroyed, but there are steps you can take to lessen or prevent some if not all of this damage from happening:
- Install shutters to help protect your windows from future storms. If a hurricane is approaching and you don’t have shutters, plywood can be a simple and effective solution.
- Make sure that your windows and doors are properly sealed so that they won’t let in any water during a storm.
- If a storm is on the horizon, remove outdoor furniture, yard debris, and anything else from your yard. Keep trees around your home properly trimmed year around.
- Perform routine maintenance on your roof and your gutters. Keep these areas clean and in good condition can go a long way towards protecting your home during a storm.
- If you lose power during a storm, unplug all appliances to help prevent damage if a power surge occurs when the power comes back on.
- If you have a garage door, you can reinforce it with braces or wooden beams. This will help keep your garage door from being blown in by strong winds.
- To prepare for future storms, it’s a good idea to take an inventory of your possessions. Make a list and take photos for insurance purposes. Then, check with your home insurance company to make sure that your policy is up to date and overs storm damage.
If a hurricane damages your home, we are here to help you get it back to as good as new. Give us a call any day, any time at 24 Restore in Greenville. NC.