24 Restore are fire & water restoration specialists in Greenville, NC. We offer an exhaustive array of services for both residential and commercial customers. If you are in the middle of a chaotic disaster, one of your first thoughts is that you want to get your life back to normal – your furniture, your memories and more. We help by providing thorough repairs, remodeling, and renovations that can sometimes even leave your home or office in a better condition.
The holiday season is a time of gift giving, carol singing, and quality time with friends and family. However, unfortunately, it is also a time when people are at great risk for fires in the home because of Christmas decorations. So, here are some fire prevention tips for you this holiday season:
- Before you leave your home, be sure that you have turned off all Christmas decorations, such as Christmas lights. Also be sure to put out any candles that you may have burning.
- If you’re putting lighting outdoors, be sure that all cords are in good condition and not frayed or damaged.
- Don’t overload your outlets with power strips and extension cords.
- If you’re baking those Christmas cookies, be sure to not leave the oven unattended. As soon as you are finished cooking, turn off the oven.
- Do not leave your fireplace or firepits unattended. Always keep an eye on these, and when you are finished, put out the fires completely.
- If you are using a space heater for some extra warmth during this cold weather, turn it off before you leave the home and place it away from walls and furniture.
- Once the season is over, be sure to dispose of your real Christmas tree as they are extremely flammable.
At 24 Restore, we want you to enjoy your holiday season as safely as possible. Be sure to turn off all those decorations before you leave your home to enjoy the festivities.
If you are in need of a fire & restoration company in Greenville, NC, contact us at 24 Restore.