At 24 Restore in Greenville, NC, we provide our clients with fire & water restoration services as well as clean-up from damage from wind and mold. When it comes to household mold, there are several types that we commonly see. Here is some key information about 5 common types of mold:
- Alternaria- this type of mold is most commonly found in carpets and damp areas like bathrooms. Exposure to this type of mold typically causes an allergic reaction.
- Aspergillus- this type of mold is usually found is very hot and damp areas, and it can also be found in dust. Certain species of this fungus produce what is called mycotoxins, which are responsible for numerous diseases.
- Cladosporium- this type of mold is typically found outdoors, but is known to enter the home through HVAC systems. Exposure to this mold can result in fever and asthma.
- Penicillium- this type of mold is most commonly found in wallpaper and fabrics. It can cause hay fever, allergies, and asthma.
- Stachybotrys- this is the most dangerous, yet least common, type of mold. Stachybotrys is a toxic black mold that can cause serious symptoms such as hearing loss and bleeding in the lungs. This type of mold needs extreme moisture in order to grow.
If you see or suspect that you have mold present in or around your home, please contact us at 24 Restore in Greenville, NC. For more information on household molds, visit achooallergy.com.